Creamy and cheesy Hot Black Eyed Pea Dip to bring you lots of good luck and prosperity in the New Year. Serve with tortilla chips for a delicious party food.
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Southern
- Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2-1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned black-eyed peas, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan and add onion. Cook until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan EXCEPT shredded cheese. Stir to evenly mix and remove from heat. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer dip to a greased cast iron skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until warm and cheese is melted.
Serve with tortilla chips.