Rainbow Power Greens Salad with Black Eyed Peas (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups cooked black eyed peas ( or you can cook a whole bag and use part of it for salad. See below for instructions)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (if cooking peas from scratch)
- 2-3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 5 cups chopped collard greens and/or mustard greens/kale
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 of a shallot chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- If you are going to cook black eyed peas from scratch, see notes.
- Rinse your chopped greens and and cabbage.
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp oil, shallot, garlic, and cabbage. Saute for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add in your collard green, 1 more tbsp oil, and sea salt. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat and place all the ingredients from the pan into a large bowl.
- Add in your carrots, cooked quinoa, cooked black eyed peas, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Season with more salt/pepper if desired.
- Toss together and serve with oil/vinegar.