Bright lemon juice, quality olive oil, and fresh dill transform a can of black eyed peas into an inspiring salad!
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can black eyed peas
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas. Gently pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves into a medium bowl. Slice the remaining lemon half into wedges and set aside.
- Add the scallions to the bowl and toss with lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While vigorously whisking the scallion and lemon juice mixture, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Fold in the black eyed peas and fresh dill. Taste and add salt as needed. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.